2019 Silverado 1500 Delivers More Capability and Value
Larger but Lighter
The 2019 Silverado is larger than ever before, with a 3.9-inch (100 mm) longer wheelbase and a 1.6-inch (41 mm) longer overall length. This gives the truck more room for cargo and more space inside the cabin. But bigger doesn’t mean heavier, quite the opposite in this case, as the 2019 Silverado 1500 is 450 pounds (204 kg) lighter than the old V8 models.
This weight loss comes primarily from the material used to build this truck. Now there are more mixed materials and a more refined manufacturing process. This new process gave Chevrolet the opportunity to choose the appropriate material and optimize its weight for the best durability and functionality while reducing mass.
Just to make an example, the truck body is 88 pounds lighter than before, due to use of aluminum for doors and every part that is not involved in heavy-duty work while still using steel for the bed and fenders.
This wise use of mixed materials also comes into play in the suspension system. Aluminum and carbon-composite were used to reduce weight while improving wheel alignment and overall suspension performance.
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 for sale in Purcell, OK offers even more engine/transmission combinations with a total of six choices, thus giving customers the most complete offering to date from Chevrolet, spanning from pure efficiency to pure performance.
For the engines, there are the new entries 5.3L and 6.2L V8s with revolutionary technology called Dynamic Fuel Management that switches off cylinders proportionally to the immediate needs of the engine. This represents a great help in fuel economy when there no need to spin up the power, and it’s incredibly fast to give the right amount of power when the engine needs it.
The Silverado can also sport another new entry, the Duramax 3.0L inline-six turbo-diesel. Both the 3.0L diesel and 6.2L are coupled with a new automatic transmission, a Hydra-Matic 10-speed transmission, and new start/stop technology to improve fuel efficiency even further. You can test drive the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 diesel at Zeck Chevrolet.
The bed is one of the most important if not the most important of all features of a pickup, and in this Chevrolet has always excelled. To improve even further in this regard, the 2019 Silverado 1500 bed features:
- Top-class cargo volume: The 2019 Silverado grant to customers the most cargo volume possible for every bed length, with the smallest offering a huge 63 cubic feet, which is around 20% more than competitors in the short-box sector. This volume gain was achieved by increasing the bed floor width by seven inches.
- Rugged steel floor: The Silverado sports a roll-formed, high-strength steel bed floor. Compared to the 2018 model, the 2019 model uses higher-grade steel that grants a yield strength increase from 340 to a staggering 500 megapascals of pressure.
- More tie-downs: Silverado now has 12 fixed tie-downs and they are also redesigned for a total strength of 500 pounds of force before bending, which is the exact double of before. This truck has nine tie points that can be moved to improve cargo flexibility even further.
- More features: The Silverado sports an exclusive tailgate that can be operated from the key fob, by a switch inside, or directly by hand. Notably, there is a 120-volt power outlet and redesigned, larger cutouts in the bumpers for you to put your steel-toed boots.
With the best cargo volume and a lot of exclusive features, the bed of the new 2019 Silverado is the most functional of the full-size truck class.
While the Silverado is clearly a working vehicle, it does not compromise on its design, which is new and modern-looking, but also aerodynamic and streamlined. All the key elements of the design are also aerodynamically sound. As an example, the front grille has air curtains that reduce the drag by rerouting air around the front wheel wells. There are spoilers on the sides of this truck, designed specifically to route the air to the tailgate, reducing a lot the drag caused by the bed. As a result, the Silverado increased aerodynamic efficiency by 7% compared to the older lineup.
The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 price range offers eight trims from which to choose, designed for three distinct buyer profiles:
- “High Value” is the class for customers that most care about the functionality of a full-size truck without many optional features and with the best possible value for money. In this class fall the Work Truck, the most basic model, the more feature-rich Custom and the all-new Custom Trail Boss, a version specifically made for off-road use.
- “High Volume” is the perfect class for the most truck customers, those who want a tough truck but who also don’t want to totally avoid comforts. This family is made up of the LT (with chrome finishing and a larger touchscreen), the LT Trail Boss (a new 2019 variant specific for off-road needs), and the RTS (with 22-inch wheels and a more street vehicle appearance.)
- “High Feature” is the last and most luxurious family of 2019 Silverado, the one perfect for those who don’t want to compromise in any sector. In this family are the LTZ (with more chrome finishing, leather interiors and a lot of other features and comforts) and the High Country variant, the most complete offering in the Silverado lineup.
More Refined and Connected Interior
The 2019 Silverado interior redesign was made keeping in mind customer feedback from the previous model. Trucks are used for transporting cargo and people, so the two basic things that are essential when designing a pickup like the Silverado are comfortable seats in the cabin and more cargo space while implementing easier and more rational controls.
As said earlier, the new Silverado gained some overall length, so the cabin has been stretched, gaining three inches of legroom space for the rear seat. Now the Silverado offers 44.5 inches of legroom in the front row and an incredible 43.8 inches in the rear row. The internal storage options have also been improved.
The Silverado was already the first in its class to sport 4G LTE Wi-Fi connectivity, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, and wireless phone charging. For the 2019 model, this technological leadership has been improved with new safety and convenience features.